See notes below
Offered in conjunction with PMI partner
Help organizations achieve true business agility
Do you want to accelerate value delivery at scale by moving beyond individual teams and applying Disciplined Agile across your organization?
Disciplined Agile Value Stream Consultant (DAVSC) folds practices from Flow, Lean, the Theory of Constraints, and Organizational Development into Disciplined Agile to give you the tools to optimize enterprise-wide value streams.
Filled with collaborative activities, supplemental reading, and more, this 21 PDU instructor-led course goes beyond a single framework by teaching you the mindset, practices, and tools to reduce waste and focus on what matters.
Anyone can attend the DAVSC training regardless of not having earned the DASSM certification or having three years of Agile experience. You will benefit from the learning! However, by not meeting the prerequisites for the course, you will not qualify to be scheduled to take the DAVSC exam.
Al presents three 1 hour sessions for each DAVSC workshop he co-delivers. Each extra hour session starts with a 15 minute Q&A followed by a 45-minute presentation. These sessions cover:
Added value to the DAVSC workshop
- A starting execution framework for companies with less than 300 developers.
- Understanding of what’s good about SAFe & what’s needed to improve it. This can be used to improve SAFe or to compete against it.
- An exercise on using Minimum Business Increments (a powerful concept provided in the DAVSC) using a Miro board that you get to keep & use with your clients.
These sessions are done on a Miro board which is given to attendees so they can continue the learning with their associates and/or clients.
After a 10 minute break after the end of the session, Al will have a 45-minute session where he will answer questions and talk about how the job-task analysis on which the workshop is based was created. If you’ve ever wondered how Al thinks the way he does, this provides a unique opportunity to learn.
Anyone can attend the DAVSC training regardless of not having earned the DASSM certification or having three years of Agile experience. You will benefit from the learning! However, to be scheduled to take the DAVSC exam you should have 3 years of experience with Agile and hold DASSM certification. All attendees get badges of attendance.
This workshop is offered in conjunction with the PMI partner
- Introduction: The Disciplined Agile Mindset
- Lesson 1: Value Stream Consultant: Role and Work
- Lesson 2: The Idealized Value Stream
- Lesson 3: Removing Delays in the Workflow
- Lesson 4: The Minimum Business Increment
- Lesson 5: The Discovery Workflow and the Development Intake Process
- Lesson 6: Value Flow Planning and Coordination
- Lesson 7: Working with a Common Cadence and Synchronization
- Lesson 8: End of Increment Activities and Reducing, Not Accommodating Dependencies
- Lesson 9: Factors for Effective Value Streams
- Lesson 10: Value Creation Structure
- Lesson 11: Agile Budgeting and Lean Funding
- Lesson 12: Creating Visibility Across the Organization
- Lesson 13: Key Roles
- Lesson 14: The Disciplined Agile Playbook
This was the best training I have ever had! Extremely relevant for my current engagement!
One of the best workshops I’ve attended. The content was deep and broad, with ample opportunity to ask questions and dive in deeper. I’ll be putting what I’ve learned into practice immediately since it dealt with areas I am actively working on. The fact that we will have on-going sessions will be absolutely invaluable.
- Understand the DA approach for adoption and improvement
- Recognize organizational culture
- Take a scientific approach to transform complex systems
- Complete course and attain the DAVSC Trained badge.
- Accept the invitation to the exclusive DAVSC Community of Practice where you will gain additional resources and support as you start to practice the skills you learned and prepare for certification.
- After 3 months of membership and practice in the community, you will be eligible to register for the DAVSC exam. The DAVSC exam fee is included in the course tuition.
- Pass the exam and claim your DAVSC Certified badge.
Al Shalloway is the founder and CEO of Success Engineering. Al is a recognized thought leader in the areas of: Lean, SAFe, Kanban, Scrum, design patterns, Acceptance Test-Driven Development, Lean-management, value creation networks, Lean product management and more. He is the creator of the FLEX system that is the heart of the Disciplined Agile Value Stream Consultant workshop. He has co-written 5 books ranging from Design Patterns to Agile at Scale. He holds Masters degrees in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and Mathematics from MIT and Emory respectively. He is an international speaker. He is a former contributor to SAFe and SPC trainer.
Aldo Rall is-Co-Founder of Novavi Limited and is an experienced IT practitioner and consultant with a deep background in delivering valuable solutions to customers. He is certified across a range of agile and IT skills, including the Project Management Institute (PMI) certifications; Disciplined Agile Coach (DAC) and DASM/DASSM/DAVSC/DAC Instructor. He holds a Master’s degree in Management. He is versed in engaging stakeholders at the strategic, tactical and operational levels of organizations and understanding the complexity inherent in building and managing modern organizations. Well-developed experience and skills in people management, leadership, continuous improvement, critical thinking, creative problem solving and collaboration. Aldo has experience in techniques, methods, frameworks and practices utilized in testing, business analysis, project management, Agile and people, and process change management to name a few.
Joshua Barnes is the Founder and President of Process Mentors, Inc., a PMI Authorized Training Partner. Joshua is a Disciplined Agile Coach (DAC) as well as Disciplined Agile Scrum Master (DASM, Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master (DASSM), Disciplined Agile Value Stream Consultant (DAVSC) and Disciplined Agile Coach (DAC)Instructor in a virtual live instructor format. He has trained thousands of people in both co-located as well as virtual live formats. Joshua has extensive experience with over 20+ years and certifications in industry-recognized agile frameworks (SPC, PSM2, PSPO, etc.). He is a published author, conference presenter, and leader in the Disciplined Agile community.
Horia Slușanschi is Co-Founder of Novavi Limited and is an experienced Lean and Agile coach. He is a trained Lean Six Sigma Black Belt and holds a PhD in Computer Science. Horia has the following Project Management Institute (PMI) certifications; Disciplined Agile Coach (DAC) and DASM/DASM/DAVSC/DAC Instructor. He mentors in helping numerous organizations transform their thinking, organizational and action habits to achieve better outcomes, all while improving professional and personal satisfaction for everyone involved.