About this learning journey
The ACE learning journey encompasses several elements: a year-long initiative tailored for coaches and consultants aspiring to enhance their skills from proficient to expert levels, a collaborative network of experts aimed at mutual learning and the innovation of more potent strategies to foster business agility across all tiers, and a resourceful community of experts accessible to the broader business sphere, offering solutions that surpass conventional expertise.
An invitation from Al Shalloway:
The ACE learning journey is a unique opportunity to learn with a group of experts as peers. But it’s more than that. Many of us believe there is a better way to improve the effectiveness of individuals and organizations. We are working to change the world by changing how people approach their work. I especially invite you to join us if you have a sense that not only is this possible, but that you want to participate in it. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed individuals can change the world. In fact, it’s the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
This learning journey is for experienced consultants who want to enhance their consulting ability as well as to be able to provide training in Agile at scale, product management, and the team. Applicants for the learning journey must have completed the DAVSC or the Amplio Development Masterclass.
It is also designed for consulting companies to use to both improve their staff and to offer unique services to their clients.
It can also be used by organizations that want to bring tailored, effective training into their organizations at a significantly lower cost than paying outside consultants. One no longer needs to choose between high cost or training that doesn’t fit the organization’s needs and creating your own. It also enables consistency of training across the organization without imposing specific methods on individual teams.
There is no prerequisite for this workshop. However, most attendees have either taken an advanced team level advanced workshop or the Disciplined Agile Value Stream Consultant. If you have familiarity with Agile and are willing to do some study to catch up, however, everyone is welcome. This workshop is geared towards mid to senior-level consultants.
The ACE Program is more than a learning journey. We are a community creating a better way of working – from the team to the entire organization.
Tracks and times we meet
There are three tracks, totaling 14 sessions every four weeks for a total of 128 hours of live Zoom sessions. All sessions are 1 hour in length and are recorded.:
- ACE curriculum: The entire knowledge base of Amplio from team to scale is presented 1 to 2 sessions a week on Tuesdays at 7am Pacific and Thursdays at 1pm Pacific.
- A Dr. Is In style session where participants ask for advice on current challenges they are having. Every Wednesday at 1pm Pacific.
Other sessions and discounts
ACE members also get free access to Success Engineering Conferences and special events. Plus discounts to all Success Engineering workshops. The value of these are greater than the cost.
Several sessions are led by participants as it creates the opportunity to grow the community and give experience in making presentations. Some of the unique concepts in the curriculum are:
View all boards
Click below for more detail on the many collaboration boards available.
Grounded in the science of learning and integrating coaching
It has been well-established that intensive training over 1-4 days is very ineffective. Over 80% of the information presented is lost in just a few days. It’s why no college teaches this way. People learn best in little chunks and where they can apply it between sessions. The Amplio Consultant Educator learning journey is an ongoing study program. Three one-hour sessions are provided each month.
Amplio’s approach is based on Peak: Secrets from the New Science of Expertise and Seeing what others don’t: The Remarkable Way We Gain Insights. “Peak” tells us that it’s essential to stretch people’s skills a little on an ongoing basis. Presenting concepts in patterns instead of just practices makes the material more applicable and creates the foundation for continued learning. “Insights” provides methods to enable people to connect the dots of the advanced concepts presented. These two approaches manifest each week based on a virtual board that participants use to see a problem and learn how to solve it. This not only trains participants in needed skills but these virtual boards can also be used in their workplace.
Great information has little value if it can’t be conveyed in the workplace. Amplio Development, therefore, integrates coaching methods in each lesson.
Learn concepts and practices not in any popular framework
ACEs learn concepts and practices not in any popular framework. We have found these to be essential to be able to tailor an approach to a particular situation while keeping it simple for the adopters. These concepts create a coherent approach and can be adjusted to the situation at hand.
The Amplio Workshops are not your normal workshops:
All are grounded in the science of learning and integrates coaching
- Taught in small increments over time to allow the adoption of what’s learned in the workplace
- Integrates coaching since participants must be able to convey what’s learned to the people they work with
- Presents a blend of theory and practice, which not only improves retention but enables participants to go beyond what is presented
They use virtual collaboration whiteboards to present and learn concepts
- These boards enable a significant amount of learning
- They are provided to participants to use after the workshop in their work
- This enables asynchronous learning in both the workshop and when they are used in the participants’ workplaces
Mindset and practices
- Based on the theories of Flow, Lean, and the Theory of Constraints
- Includes several essential practices not taught in the popular frameworks
- Based on a pattern language enabling it to be simple to start, but richer as needed, and tailorable to the people using it
Our workshops are just the beginning
- One-year program provides for after-workshop support
- Tools used to teach participants are made available to them to use in their workplace
- Q&A sessions enable participants to ask experts for real-time advice as needed
Why you should take this workshop if you are a professional coach.
Most “coaching” workshops today are about how to follow a given framework. This workshop enables you to see what the people you are coaching needs based on their situation. Go beyond being a mere facilitator. Learn how to assist teams in working in better ways.